• Commodore 128 and Commodore 64

From John Guillory@1:116/16 to All on Tue Nov 14 11:51:16 2023
    I just got my Commodore 128 in, and unfortuantely the seller did not include the power supply with it, so I have to wait on the new power supply I just bought to come in. I also ordered a Commodore 64, but it's on a slow boat from Italy. The darn thing has been left their country for about a month, and is scheduled to arrive wednesday, but so far it has yet to show any updates, so I doubt that will happen. But, once the power supply comes in, or the commodore 64 arrives, I have an Ultimate 2+L cartridge awaiting to be tried out. I can't wait, as I bought it to use the REU with Vision Basic. I also have a The C64 Maxi, but it takes forever and a day to appear to load Vision Basic, so I figure it must not work with it. I can't wait to get to programming it....

John H. Guillory
    call sign KF5QEO
    URL: kf5qeo.servebbs.net
    KF5QEO's Shack BBS

... A house is a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/03/14 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: KF5QEO's Shack -- kf5qeo.servebbs.net (1:116/16)
  • From kb6zop@gmail.com@3:770/3 to John Guillory on Mon Nov 20 06:20:03 2023
    On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 10:20:11 PM UTC-8, John Guillory wrote:
    I just got my Commodore 128 in, and unfortuantely the seller did not include the power supply with it, so I have to wait on the new power supply I just bought to come in. I also ordered a Commodore 64, but it's on a slow boat from
    Italy. The darn thing has been left their country for about a month, and is scheduled to arrive wednesday, but so far it has yet to show any updates, so I
    doubt that will happen. But, once the power supply comes in, or the commodore
    64 arrives, I have an Ultimate 2+L cartridge awaiting to be tried out. I can't
    wait, as I bought it to use the REU with Vision Basic. I also have a The C64 Maxi, but it takes forever and a day to appear to load Vision Basic, so I figure it must not work with it. I can't wait to get to programming it....

John H. Guillory
    call sign KF5QEO
    KF5QEO's Shack BBS

John, where did you order your supply from?

I am rebuilding a couple of my C64 supplies, but am thinking that it's more likely going to get done if I simply order a pre-built one.

Jim..
    73' kb6zop

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)
  • From Robert Bernardo@3:770/3 to All on Mon Nov 20 12:23:19 2023
    Though Ray Carlsen has retired from all Commodore 8-bit repairs, he still builds and sells his power supplies.

Truly,
    Robert Bernardo
    Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
    Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)
  • From Gary McCulloch@1:154/50 to John Guillory on Wed Nov 22 20:39:23 2023
    On Tue 14-Nov-2023 11:51a, John Guillory@1:116/16.0 wrote:
    I just got my Commodore 128 in, and unfortuantely the seller did not include the power supply with it, so I have to wait on the new power supply I just bought to come in. I also ordered a Commodore 64, but it's on a slow boat from Italy. The darn thing has been left their country for about a month, and is scheduled to arrive wednesday, but so far it has yet to show any updates, so I doubt that will happen. But, once the power supply comes in, or the commodore 64 arrives, I have an Ultimate 2+L cartridge awaiting to be tried out. I can't wait, as I bought it to use the REU with Vision Basic. I also have a The C64 Maxi, but it takes forever and a day to appear to load Vision Basic, so I figure it must not work with it. I can't wait to get to programming it....

John H. Guillory
    call sign KF5QEO
    KF5QEO's Shack BBS

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/03/14 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: KF5QEO's Shack -- kf5qeo.servebbs.net (1:116/16)

While you wait, you should look into getting a WiFi modem for those two. Get a copy of CCGMS and get ready to call the C64/C128 boards instead of all the PC boards. Life the way it used to be! :)

* ACIS Member. AmigaNet ArakNet C=Net FidoNet PiNet RetroNet
    --- CNet/5
    * Origin: call.rofbbs.com ports 6800 6400 8502 / (423) 541-8271 (1:154/50)