• Re: Dr Oz!

From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sun Jun 12 11:38:56 2022
    On 12 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    B***s***. "Leftists" have been responsible for almost all of the equalit that's been realized.
    No suprise, Leftists also have trouble following the rules.

If you're referring to my swearing, I have kept it to a minimum as per the rules. Well under 1% of the words I post are swear words.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 15:04:10 2022
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Mike Powell <=-

I think Jeff was almost correct: Democrats care about INequality.
    Without it, they'd have nothing to run on.

That's why the Left uses the term "equity" instead of "equality".

In our society, we already have "equality". So the Lefties needed a different word which effective means "equal outcomes".

So, if your boss says "OK. Everyone gets $50/hour." that's equality. If you work 12 hours per day, but the lazy co-worker only works 6 hours, you make twice as much as the lazy co-worker. You both had the opportunity to make the same, but the lazy co-worker decided not to.

But to the Left, that's wrong. You both should make the same amount. That's "equity" and it's against human nature. So "equity" cannot be achieved and they have something they can perpetually complain about.

... The man who dies with the most toys is dead..
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Ron L. on Sun Jun 12 17:02:51 2022
    On 12 Jun 2022, Ron L. said the following...
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Mike Powell <=-
    I think Jeff was almost correct: Democrats care about INequality. Without it, they'd have nothing to run on.
    In our society, we already have "equality". So the Lefties needed a different word which effective means "equal outcomes".

Bullsh!t.

Equity means "justice according to natural law or right; specifically: freedom from bias or favoritism."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/equity

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Jun 12 18:18:35 2022
    They're responsible for "racial equity," but their definition of "rac equity" is that "black people are the only ones in jail" and "let's g them out of jail and into the voting booths!"

That makes no sense at all. Cashless bail is independent of race.

Tell it to the Democrat assemblywoman who said that she signed it for racial equity.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Jun 12 18:32:42 2022
    That makes no sense. If Republicans are the "conservatives of today" then why are they so eager to shut down the human smuggling industry once again?

Granting asylum to refugees is not "the human smuggling industry." That's your lie and you're the only one pushing it.

I didn't say anything about granting asylum to refugees.

Aside from that, are you denying that Republicans are conservative? Are you trying to imply that the "leftists" are the conservative ones?

Conservative and liberal are adjectives that express opinions. So it wouldn't be outrageous for someone to say "Trump's a liberal because he handed out all those covid relief checks." Or that "Kathy Hochul's a conservative because she's trying to increase the survival rate for blacks during the pandemic."

But I'm not saying any of that.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Jun 12 18:42:57 2022
    That's because you suck at math. You have to look at those numbers as a percentage of the communities they represent.

You suck at reading, because it says it's the "total count," not "percentage
    of the color they represent."

If you can somehow keep these statistics hidden indefinitely, then you'll do just fine on your quest to some day be "right" about someth

Those statistics support the triage decision.

No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn't) shows that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the USA.

"Black Lives Matter" murals aren't equity.
    Sure they are. Black lives do matter.
    They don't matter more than any other color, but the slogan infers otherwise.

No, it doesn't. It simply states that they matter. Anything you read
    into it beyond that is your own racism talking.

We were talking about racial equity. There's no racial equity in "Black Lives Matter."

Some people change. Some don't. That's just how it is. Biden has shown that he has changed. Trump hasn't.

That's ignorant one-sidedness at it's best. I don't pal around with anyone who's on video saying that he don't want my kids to go to school with his kids because they ain't white enough.

The only thing that has changed is the demographic that Biden needed to sell himself to.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 18:03:43 2022
    On 12 Jun 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    They're responsible for "racial equity," but their definition of equity" is that "black people are the only ones in jail" and "le them out of jail and into the voting booths!"
    That makes no sense at all. Cashless bail is independent of race.
    Tell it to the Democrat assemblywoman who said that she signed it for racial equity.

Cashless bail is independent of race. Cash bail can be biased.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 18:11:24 2022
    That makes no sense. If Republicans are the "conservatives of to then why are they so eager to shut down the human smuggling indu once again?
    Granting asylum to refugees is not "the human smuggling industry." Th your lie and you're the only one pushing it.
    I didn't say anything about granting asylum to refugees.

No, but it's clear from your past comments what you meant.

Aside from that, are you denying that Republicans are conservative? A you trying to imply that the "leftists" are the conservative ones?
    Conservative and liberal are adjectives that express opinions. So it wouldn't be outrageous for someone to say "Trump's a liberal because he handed out all those covid relief checks." Or that "Kathy Hochul's a conservative because she's trying to increase the survival rate for
    blacks during the pandemic."

The Republican and Democrat parties are today largely split along
    conservative and liberal lines, respectively.

But I'm not saying any of that.
    You made the statement that the "leftists" are as conservative as the
    Democrats of the 19th century.

Do you even know what "leftist" means?

The root of that term dates back to the French Revolution in 1789, when
    members of the National Assembly were seated according to their support for
    the monarchy; supporters of the king -- those in favor of maintaining the status quo -- were seated to the right of the president, and those in favor of revolution -- those who demanded change -- were seated to the president's
    left. Thus, "right" came to mean conservative and "left" came to mean
    liberal.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 18:15:31 2022
    That's because you suck at math. You have to look at those numbers as percentage of the communities they represent.
    You suck at reading, because it says it's the "total count," not "percentage of the color they represent."

I know exactly what it says. But the total count is meaningless without
    taking the total population of each community into account.

If you can somehow keep these statistics hidden indefinitely, th you'll do just fine on your quest to some day be "right" about s
    Those statistics support the triage decision.
    No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn't) shows that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the USA.

Not as a percentage of their community.

"Black Lives Matter" murals aren't equity.
    Sure they are. Black lives do matter.
    They don't matter more than any other color, but the slogan infe otherwise.
    No, it doesn't. It simply states that they matter. Anything you read into it beyond that is your own racism talking.
    We were talking about racial equity. There's no racial equity in "Black Lives Matter."

Sure there is. Police killings of unarmed blacks would seem to indicate that black lives do not matter as much as other lives. "Black Lives Matter" states that black lives matter just as much as any other life.

Some people change. Some don't. That's just how it is. Biden has show that he has changed. Trump hasn't.
    That's ignorant one-sidedness at it's best. I don't pal around with
    anyone who's on video saying that he don't want my kids to go to school with his kids because they ain't white enough.

Are you sure?

The only thing that has changed is the demographic that Biden needed to sell himself to.

Perhaps, but he's given every indication that he's changed. You're just
    trying to pull up some quote from his distant past to make a dubious
    political point.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Sun Jun 12 23:13:16 2022

You're right about that! Most people probably don't notice those words being used interchangeably, so they're inclined to think that Democrats stand for equality, while in reality, equality is bad for business because it reduces their victim stock.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Jun 12 23:55:38 2022

You're the one who's biased if you think that.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Jun 13 00:01:07 2022
    You made the statement that the "leftists" are as conservative as the Democrats of the 19th century.

That's major misquoting, because not only did I never say that, but I don't know what is meant by that statement.

It's idiots who swear by what the media tells them.

The root of that term dates back to the French Revolution in 1789, when members of the National Assembly were seated according to their support for the monarchy; supporters of the king -- those in favor of
    maintaining the status quo -- were seated to the right of the president, and those in favor of revolution -- those who demanded change -- were seated to the president's left. Thus, "right" came to mean conservative and "left" came to mean liberal.

The meaning has changed over the years. I never used the word "leftist" until
    I learned it here in this echo. I always referred to people as liberals and conservatives, because that's what I learned in my liberal college textbook.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 19:39:11 2022
    You're right about that! Most people probably don't notice those words being used interchangeably, so they're inclined to think that Democrats stand for equality, while in reality, equality is bad for business
    because it reduces their victim stock.

Bullsh!t. Equality and equity are similar but not synonymous. Invest in a dictionary.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 19:46:42 2022
    You're the one who's biased if you think that.

Nope. Whom do you feel that cashless bail is biased against?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 19:50:23 2022
    On 13 Jun 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    You made the statement that the "leftists" are as conservative as the Democrats of the 19th century.
    That's major misquoting, because not only did I never say that, but I don't know what is meant by that statement.

Please review your comments. You asked why, if Republicans are the conservatives of today, do "leftists" support the human smuggling trade? In addition to being factually false in its inferences (When did you stop
    beating your wife?), this implies that Republicans are not the conservatives
    of today.

It's idiots who swear by what the media tells them.

Nope. Educate yourself.

The root of that term dates back to the French Revolution in 1789, wh members of the National Assembly were seated according to their suppo for the monarchy; supporters of the king -- those in favor of maintaining the status quo -- were seated to the right of the preside and those in favor of revolution -- those who demanded change -- were seated to the president's left. Thus, "right" came to mean conservati and "left" came to mean liberal.
    The meaning has changed over the years. I never used the word "leftist" until I learned it here in this echo. I always referred to people as liberals and conservatives, because that's what I learned in my liberal college textbook.

The meaning has not changed substantially. Educate your ignorance.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Jun 13 00:10:25 2022
    I know exactly what it says. But the total count is meaningless without taking the total population of each community into account.

No, you're trying to add meaninglessness into the equation.

No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn't) sh that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the USA.

Hello? There are more dead white covid victims (in the USA) than black. There's no sane way to twist that around.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jun 12 21:30:18 2022
    On 13 Jun 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    I know exactly what it says. But the total count is meaningless witho taking the total population of each community into account.
    No, you're trying to add meaninglessness into the equation.

Bullsh!t. The relative effect on each community needed to be taken into consideration, and was.

No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn' that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the USA
    Hello? There are more dead white covid victims (in the USA) than black. There's no sane way to twist that around.

COVID is more deadly to black people than white, plain and simple.

Jeff.

• From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jun 13 01:48:20 2022
    On 06-12-22 03:59, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Jeff Thiele about Re: Dr Oz! <=-

Non-whites were at a higher risk of death from COVID than whites. That's how triage works.

That sounds like BS, and even google seems to think so:

"Of the approximately 997,000 cumulative U.S. deaths, these are the numbers of lives lost by group: Asian (31,119), Black (142,361), Indigenous (11,046), Latino (160,588), Pacific Islander (2,132) and
    White Americans (642,802). Additionally, 6,545 deaths are recorded as other race."
    https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race

You embarrass yourself with that statement. You are quoting total deaths
    when Jeff was talking Covid deaths. Go back and find a relevant
    statistic if you can.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:51:05, 13 Jun 2022
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jun 13 02:20:28 2022
    On 06-12-22 18:42, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Jeff Thiele about Re: Dr Oz! <=-

No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn't)
    shows that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the USA.

The data you quoted shows no such thing. It shows who died the most, no
    cause was posted.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 02:22:04, 13 Jun 2022
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jun 13 08:23:00 2022
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

You're right about that! Most people probably don't notice those words being used interchangeably, so they're inclined to think that Democrats stand for equality, while in reality, equality is bad for business
    because it reduces their victim stock.

Wordsmithing has been a Leftie strategy for a long time now.

Look how often they will call something by a nice, positive sounding name. But when you look into what they are actually doing, and what the actual outcome will be, it's the opposite of that nice, positive sounding name.

... It is always darkest just before you turn on the lights.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Dale Shipp on Mon Jun 13 16:49:41 2022
    No they don't! This data (which could be wrong but probably isn't) shows that whites are the ones who died the most from covid in the US

The data you quoted shows no such thing. It shows who died the most, no cause was posted.

Oops! I see my mistake now.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Mon Jun 13 16:30:00 2022
    He just said a couple years back "If you don't know if you're for me or Trump,
    then you ain't black!" For someone trying to redeem themself, he's doing a bad
    job! Did he change yesterday?

But, but, but Biden is a Democrat so he really meant something else. :)

* SLMR 2.1a * A nudist wedding makes the best man easy to identify.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Mon Jun 13 16:42:00 2022
    Look how often they will call something by a nice, positive sounding name. Bu
    when you look into what they are actually doing, and what the actual outcome will be, it's the opposite of that nice, positive sounding name.

Like "peaceful protest"? :)

* SLMR 2.1a * Here is a loud announcement... Silence in the studio!!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Mon Jun 13 16:12:17 2022
    On 13 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Look how often they will call something by a nice, positive sounding nam Bu
    when you look into what they are actually doing, and what the actual out will be, it's the opposite of that nice, positive sounding name.
    Like "peaceful protest"? :)

Isn't that what Trump called for at the Capitol on 1/6?

Jeff.