• Correction

From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Aug 13 00:38:02 2022
    On 08-12-22 13:45, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: fbi <=-

What do you know about the judge's connections, other than that he was appointed by Trump?

He was appointed while Trump was president, but not by President
    Trump. Federal magistrate judges aren't appointed by the president.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-trump-appoint-judge- who-approved-fbi-ma
    -lago-raid-1732495

You are right. I saw that he was a federal judge who took office in
    2018 and thought that meant he was appointed by Trump. I was wrong. As
    a magistrate judge, he was appointed by the federal district judges.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:40:20, 13 Aug 2022
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Dale Shipp on Mon Aug 15 08:15:42 2022
    With that system you get judges who know the law and apply it fairly.
    If judges are subject to popular vote, they have to spend much time campaigning instead of judging -- plus they get voted on by people who have little understanding of the law.

You are on to something there, Dale. It relates to one of the cornerstones of a true democracy: separation of powers.

The writers of the USC didn't like democracy, they said it in various articles written by then, and the part of the USC that defines the three branches of power, Articles I, II and III is clear evidence of that.

In a true democracy you cannot have one branch being the only one to nominate and another branch make the decision for the third branch. Each branch must be totally separated and independent.

So of course the judicial branch should handle everything by themselves, nominations and all the way to acceptance.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Dale Shipp on Mon Aug 15 08:47:20 2022
    It would not be the first time that a
    President's relatives were a "skeleton in the closet".

LOL! You mean like being paid $2T from the Saudis for "services rendered"? I wonder what the recovered documents have to say about that. Could that cause panic in the family? 8-)

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Mike Powell on Tue Aug 16 12:32:11 2022
    It did also note that some documents were on the list that were not classified and/or may be covered by lawyer/client priveledge. If that is the case, they should know better. The search warrant only covered classified documents and not personal, unclassified ones.

Why do you guys keep on perpetuating the lies from the ultra-right Trumpsters?

Read my lips: There is nothing in the three laws upon which the search warrent was based, that limits them to classified documents! Every single document, classified or not, illegally taken from NARA protected facilities is a violation of law, AKA illegal. Very much so, in one case it results in up to ten years of prison PER DOCUMENT!

I suggest you fact check things before you just parrot the fascists' attempts to make excuses for the dumbest former POTUS ever.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Björn Felten on Wed Aug 17 02:21:31 2022
    Hello Björn,

It did also note that some documents were on the list that were not
    classified and/or may be covered by lawyer/client priveledge. If
    that is
    the case, they should know better. The search warrant only covered
    classified documents and not personal, unclassified ones.

Why do you guys keep on perpetuating the lies from the ultra-right Trumpsters?

Two answers:

Answer #1: Because

Answer #2: Why not?

Read my lips: There is nothing in the three laws upon which the search warrent was based, that limits them to classified documents!

All that was needed was probable cause to make it a legal and lawful
    search.

Every single document, classified or not, illegally taken from NARA protected facilities is a violation of law, AKA illegal. Very much so, in one case it results in up to ten years of prison PER DOCUMENT!

You're right. And you know what? President Joe Biden should grant
    Donald J. Trump an unconditional and full presidential pardon, for
    all crimes committed. And then walk away, allowing Donald J. Trump
    to continue shooting his mouth off et al ad nauseum.

With the DOJ having just released part of the affidavit, it makes even
    more sense to do what I just mentioned.

I suggest you fact check things before you just parrot the fascists' attempts to make excuses for the dumbest former POTUS ever.

We did have a POTUS who caught the flu as a result of being sworn
    in outdoors and died a short time afterwards ...

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Everybody Loves Our Buns

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
  • From Matthew Munson@1:218/109 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 16 20:51:37 2022
    Re: The ongoing attempts to defend Trump
    By: Lee Lofaso to Björn Felten on Wed Aug 17 2022 02:21 am

In exchange for not running in 2024. But, it might be even bad where Desantis may spank Biden AND Newsolini.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: inland utopia bbs * ontario, california (1:218/109)
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Matthew Munson on Thu Aug 18 15:32:29 2022
    Hello Matthew,

In exchange for not running in 2024.

No strings attached.

But, it might be even bad where Desantis may spank Biden AND Newsolini.

Trump is viewed as the easiest candidate Biden could beat.
    Granting him a an unconditional and full presidential pardon
    would doom his chances of getting the Republican nomination.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    The more you play with it the harder it gets

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Lee Lofaso on Wed Aug 31 14:38:53 2022
    And while you are at it, tell me about all the
    charges against Hunter Biden. Oh, that's right. Can't find any having
    been filed against him, either. No surprise there. But keep trying.

LOL! This hoax is so stupid, I can't understand how any person capable of setting up a Fidonet access account are not able to see through it.

A. A filthy rich person like Hunter B. has a water damaged MacBook Pro.

B. He does not know, that trying to repair any Apple product usually costs more than buying a new one (because he cant afford it?).

C. He decides to leave it, with lots of sensitive information on it(?), to a non-Apple approved workshop, far away from his home, for "repair".

D. Despite several (allegedly) reminders from the workshop owner, he never tries to pick it up.

E. This workshop owner, identified as John Paul Mac Isaac, keeps the laptop for three years, and in the meantime he, as well as any other Russian friend from the MAGA cult, has total access to it.

F. "Holy Cow! Look what we found in it. Better alert the FBI." Ahem, well, let's alert Giuliani first, and let that totally unbiased person decide what to do with all this sensitive information.

How stupid can you be for believing all of the above? The FBI sure as hell was not, they laughed it off. But people as stupid as Trump and all of those below his stupidity, still to this day keep harping this folly.

No wonder the Cult 45 went ballistic when Biden tried to restore the educational system in the USA. "We can't have affordable education here, the uneducated are our voter base!"

--
    United we are strong, we win. Divided we are weak, we lose.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Björn Felten on Thu Sep 1 06:25:00 2022
    Hello Björn,

And while you are at it, tell me about all the
    charges against Hunter Biden. Oh, that's right. Can't find any having
    been filed against him, either. No surprise there. But keep trying.

LOL! This hoax is so stupid, I can't understand how any person capable of setting up a Fidonet access account are not able to see through it.

Although I am capable of setting up a Fidonet access account, doing so
    would blow my cover as a MAGA idiot in a far right fringe group known
    as Convention of States (COS) that meets on a monthly basis at my local library. And believe me when I tell you, these MAGA idiots will believe anything, and everything. Especially if their orange god says it.

A. A filthy rich person like Hunter B. has a water damaged MacBook Pro.

B. He does not know, that trying to repair any Apple product usually costs more than buying a new one because he cant afford it?).

C. He decides to leave it, with lots of sensitive information on it(?),
    to a non-Apple approved workshop, far away from his home, for "repair".

D. Despite several (allegedly) reminders from the workshop owner, he never tries to pick it up.

E. This workshop owner, identified as John Paul Mac Isaac, keeps the laptop for three years, and in the meantime he, as well as any other Russian friend from the MAGA cult, has total access to it.

F. "Holy Cow! Look what we found in it. Better alert the FBI." Ahem, well, let's alert Giuliani first, and let that totally unbiased person decide what to do with all this sensitive information.

All true. And members of COS eat it all up. Like candy.

How stupid can you be for believing all of the above?

Some levels of stupidity cannot be measured.

The FBI sure as hell was not, they laughed it off.

So did James Comey. But he's not running the show any more.

But people as stupid as Trump and all of those below his stupidity, still to
    this day keep harping this folly.

I am waiting for the next level. After the mid-term elections,
    President Biden will announce he is not running for a second term.
    Then all the MAGA idiots will celebrate, as if they had all gotten
    their Christmas presents early.

And then, on Christmas morning, Barack Obama will wish all Americans
    a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as he announces his candidacy for
    a new first term as POTUS.

No wonder the Cult 45 went ballistic when Biden tried to restore the educational system in the USA. "We can't have affordable education here, the uneducated are our voter base!"

You are starting to learn, my Swedish friend.
    Barack Obama was 44.
    Donald Trump was 45.
    Joe Biden is 46.
    Barack Obama (the once and future king) will be 47.

Not bad for a 60-year-old guy who easily won two consecutive terms.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Lovin' beats hatin'.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sun Sep 4 11:12:00 2022
    What was border security like in the 1880s when your family arrived in the US? Were the borders more, or less, open than they are now? How did that affect our national sovereignty? What was the driving force behind the change in border policy? Answer those questions correctly and I think you'll have a much more accurate understanding of "America First."

Considering that most immigrants were coming across the Atlantic by boat...
    the boats would arrive and the immigrants would be processed through
    processing stations like Ellis Island, where the ship master would present paperwork that was supposed to account for each immigrating person aboard
    his ship. They were not all automatically accepted or "set loose" in NYC.
    Some where quaranteened for observation, others were turned away outright. Having a job already lined up, or relatives already in the country, was a
    plus.

If someone crosses the southern border now, at a legal crossing point, they
    go through at least some of the same treatment. But not all of them cross
    at legal crossings, and not all of those that don't get caught. Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jobs lined up. Otherwise,
    the government would have turned them over to said sponsors before the
    local governors got a chance to ask them if they want to travel to NYC, Chicago, DC, or another proclaimed "sanctuary city" and put them on a bus.

Illegal immigration is a problem and does neet to be dealt with, but the solution to that problem should not be taken out on legal refugees.

Similarly, illegal immigrants should not be lumped in with legal refugees
    as "refugees." You make a distiction here. Others often do not.

* SLMR 2.1a * Strip mining prevents forest fires.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sun Sep 4 14:27:03 2022
    On 04 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    What was border security like in the 1880s when your family arrived in t US? Were the borders more, or less, open than they are now? How did that affect our national sovereignty? What was the driving force behind the c in border policy? Answer those questions correctly and I think you'll ha much more accurate understanding of "America First."
    Considering that most immigrants were coming across the Atlantic by boat... the boats would arrive and the immigrants would be processed through processing stations like Ellis Island, where the ship master
    would present paperwork that was supposed to account for each
    immigrating person aboard his ship. They were not all automatically accepted or "set loose" in NYC. Some where quaranteened for observation, others were turned away outright. Having a job already lined up, or relatives already in the country, was a plus.

Was a visa required? Did arrival need to be pre-arranged in any way? Were people turned away by default unless they had reason to be here, or were they allowed in by default unless there was reason to believe that they should not be here?

If someone crosses the southern border now, at a legal crossing point, they go through at least some of the same treatment.

It's actually more stringent now.

But not all of
    them cross at legal crossings, and not all of those that don't get
    caught.

True. But the refugees who cross seeking asylum generally turn themselves in
    at the first opportunity. Their situation makes them seek out the authorities rather than avoid them. They are doing things the legal way.

A big part of the anti-refugee propaganda is making them out to be illegal immigrants, which they are not.

Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jobs
    lined up.

There are organizations that will sponsor them.

Otherwise, the government would have turned them over to said
    sponsors before the local governors got a chance to ask them if they
    want to travel to NYC, Chicago, DC, or another proclaimed "sanctuary
    city" and put them on a bus.

Organizations that will sponsor them are usually located in larger cities.

I like how you threw "sanctuary city" in there. "Sanctuary cities" are distinguished by their treatment of illegal immigrants, not refugees. You've been brainwashed into thinking that refugees are illegal immigrants, when
    they are not.

Illegal immigration is a problem and does neet to be dealt with, but the solution to that problem should not be taken out on legal refugees.
    Similarly, illegal immigrants should not be lumped in with legal refugees as "refugees." You make a distiction here. Others often do not.

The Border Patrol also makes that distinction, and regularly deports illegal immigrants.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Mon Sep 5 10:09:00 2022
    But not all of
    them cross at legal crossings, and not all of those that don't get caught.

True. But the refugees who cross seeking asylum generally turn themselves in at the first opportunity. Their situation makes them seek out the authorities rather than avoid them. They are doing things the legal way.

A big part of the anti-refugee propaganda is making them out to be illegal immigrants, which they are not.

For me it is the ease of being able to yell "asylum!" and suddenly be considered legal or potentially legal. If they really wanted asylum, they should have crossed at a legal checkpoint. If they are not, they are
    hoping not to encounter someone, although I am certain they know to act as
    if they were looking for that encounter all along should it happen.

Maybe you are that naive.

Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jobs
    lined up.

In past, you told us they had to have sponsors lined up already. Which is
    it?

Otherwise, the government would have turned them over to said
    sponsors before the local governors got a chance to ask them if they want to travel to NYC, Chicago, DC, or another proclaimed "sanctuary city" and put them on a bus.

Organizations that will sponsor them are usually located in larger cities.

I like how you threw "sanctuary city" in there. "Sanctuary cities" are distinguished by their treatment of illegal immigrants, not refugees. You've been brainwashed into thinking that refugees are illegal immigrants, when they are not.

But there are no illegal immigrants that don't get turned away, right?

The Border Patrol also makes that distinction, and regularly deports illegal immigrants.

* SLMR 2.1a * If you trade freedom for security, you get neither.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Mon Sep 5 22:55:39 2022
    On 05 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    But not all of
    them cross at legal crossings, and not all of those that don't get caught.
    True. But the refugees who cross seeking asylum generally turn themselve at the first opportunity. Their situation makes them seek out the author rather than avoid them. They are doing things the legal way.
    A big part of the anti-refugee propaganda is making them out to be illeg immigrants, which they are not.
    For me it is the ease of being able to yell "asylum!" and suddenly be considered legal or potentially legal. If they really wanted asylum,
    they should have crossed at a legal checkpoint. If they are not, they
    are hoping not to encounter someone, although I am certain they know to act as if they were looking for that encounter all along should it
    happen.

Refugees seeking asylum go through a vetting process. Not all are allowed through.

Or maybe you are.

Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jobs lined up.
    In past, you told us they had to have sponsors lined up already. Which
    is it?

It is a combination of both.

Otherwise, the government would have turned them over to said sponsors before the local governors got a chance to ask them if the want to travel to NYC, Chicago, DC, or another proclaimed "sanctuar city" and put them on a bus.
    Organizations that will sponsor them are usually located in larger citie I like how you threw "sanctuary city" in there. "Sanctuary cities" are distinguished by their treatment of illegal immigrants, not refugees. Yo been brainwashed into thinking that refugees are illegal immigrants, whe they are not.
    But there are no illegal immigrants that don't get turned away, right?

Absolutely there are.

The Border Patrol also makes that distinction, and regularly deports ill immigrants.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Tue Sep 6 17:54:00 2022
    But not all of
    them cross at legal crossings, and not all of those that don't get
    caught.
    True. But the refugees who cross seeking asylum generally turn themselv
    at the first opportunity. Their situation makes them seek out the autho
    rather than avoid them. They are doing things the legal way.
    A big part of the anti-refugee propaganda is making them out to be ille
    immigrants, which they are not.
    For me it is the ease of being able to yell "asylum!" and suddenly be considered legal or potentially legal. If they really wanted asylum, they should have crossed at a legal checkpoint. If they are not, they are hoping not to encounter someone, although I am certain they know to act as if they were looking for that encounter all along should it happen.

Refugees seeking asylum go through a vetting process. Not all are allowed through.

Or maybe you are.

If they don't cross at a legal checkpoint to make sure they encounter authorities to surrender to, they are not refugees. They only claim to be
    as part of pretending to turn themselves in when getting caught.

That is not naive.

Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jobs lined up.
    In past, you told us they had to have sponsors lined up already. Which is it?

It is a combination of both.

Not how you used to tell it when arguing with Aaron or Gregory. Thanks for clarifying that.

* SLMR 2.1a * In plumbing, a straight flush is better than a full house
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tue Sep 6 17:55:25 2022
    On 06 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    If they don't cross at a legal checkpoint to make sure they encounter authorities to surrender to, they are not refugees. They only claim to
    be as part of pretending to turn themselves in when getting caught.

I see. And that's why they don't even try to cross the wall, but know that
    they will be picked up on surveillance and that Border Patrol agents will
    come to them, escort them through the wall, load them onto buses, and take
    them to detention centers?

That is not naive.

Do you have evidence that "they only claim to be [refugees] as part of pretending to turn themselves in when getting caught?"

Apparently many of the legal ones do not have sponsors or jo lined up.
    In past, you told us they had to have sponsors lined up already. W is it?
    Not how you used to tell it when arguing with Aaron or Gregory. Thanks for clarifying that.

Sponsors are available for them.

Jeff.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:153/7715 to Jeff Thiele on Sat Sep 17 13:28:34 2022
    On 04 Sep 2022, Jeff Thiele said the following...
    If someone crosses the southern border now, at a legal crossing
    point,
    SEEN-BY: 1/120 18/0 103/705 116/116 120/616 123/0 10 25 180 200 525 755 SEEN-BY: 124/5016 135/300 138/146 153/757 7715 154/10 30 40 50 700 203/0 SEEN-BY: 218/840 220/70 90 221/0 6 222/2 226/17 18 227/201 229/426 240/1120 SEEN-BY: 240/5832 250/1 261/38 1466 267/67 118 150 156 157 331 585 800
    SEEN-BY: 275/100 1000 280/464 5003 292/854 8125 300/4 301/1 310/31 341/66 SEEN-BY: 341/234 342/11 396/45 423/120 633/280 712/848 1321 770/1 100 340 SEEN-BY: 772/220 230 2320/105 2452/250 3634/0 12 15 24 27 50 56 57 5020/1042
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Sat Sep 17 12:36:14 2022
    On 17 Sep 2022, Gregory Deyss said the following...
    If someone crosses the southern border now, at a legal crossing
    point,

This appears to be an incomplete message.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Sun Sep 18 10:28:00 2022
    My main problem with George Soros is that he's funding campaigns for district attorneys who refuse to prosecute. That bothers me. I also don't like how he's
    invested in 18 hispanic radio stations in an attempt to subjugate some of the 1.8 million+ illegal immigrants who have entered the country since Joe took office.

It has been reported that the one DA that got recalled in SF was a
    recepient of his money, and apparently said DA was even underperforming
    below typical left-leaning standards.

What business is Soros in? Maybe he is in radio and wants more stations?

It seems odd that he would only target hispanic stations, though.

* SLMR 2.1a * First Rule of Intelligent Tinkering - Save all parts
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Sun Sep 18 18:34:54 2022

That's a good question. I can't say for sure, but I think it's the "ruling of the world" industry.

Are you sure that "odd" is the word for it? I call it highly suspicious timing.

It has been reported that the one DA that got recalled in SF was a recepient of his money, and apparently said DA was even underperforming below typical left-leaning standards.

It's also highly suspicious why we've got an unprecedented number of DAs behaving like this.

Radio stations are propagation tools. (Add that to the suspicious list!)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Mon Sep 19 18:33:00 2022
    What business is Soros in? Maybe he is in radio and wants more stations
    That's a good question. I can't say for sure, but I think it's the "ruling of the world" industry.

He is a hedge-funder. In 1992, his short sale of US$10 Billion of pounds sterling caused the Black Wednesday UK currency crisis, which is where
    the nickname "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" comes from. (The Telegraph, September, 2002). Black Wednesday is estimated to have cost the
    UK Treasury 3.4 Billion pounds. He is also believed to have traded billions
    of Finnish markkas (unit of money) in 1996 in anticipation of selling them short, in an attempt to make money off of a 1990's Finnish economic
    depression. The Finnish government and bank have stated that they do not believe that such a feat is possible, but have apparently never confirmed publically if it happened or not. (Helsingin Sanomat, February, 1996).

In June, 2006, Soros was convicted by the French Supreme Court for insider trading involving some knowledge he had that a group of shareholders was planning a takeover of a leading French Bank and, with that knowledge,
    moved forward with accumulating shares in that bank and three other French companies. Soros appealed to the European Court of Human Rights and the conviction was upheld on the grounds that Soros had been aware of the
    risk of breaking insider trading laws (Bloomberg LP, October, 2011).

Soros also formulated the General Theory of Reflexivity for capital markets which gives a picture of value discrepancies that can be used to, among
    other things, short stocks (Open Society Foundation, October, 2010).

In 1999, economist Paul Krugman, a Nobel Prize winner in Economic Science,
    was critical of George's effect on financial markets, coining the term
    "Soroi" as a proposed name for persons who "not only move money in
    anticipation of a currency crisis, but actually do their best to trigger
    that crisis for fun and profit."

Soros also sometimes gets credit for influencing the collapse of communism
    in Eastern Europe, per an article in the July 1993 edition of The Atlantic.

Interesting that he "doesn't have that much power" to influence things, per readers here but, in 1993, The Atlantic (which is not known for being a conservative publication) thought otherwise. If true, it improves his
    stock some in my eyes since I think so little of communism, although it also proves that he can influence to the point of causing governments to fall.

While in college in London in the 1940's, George often lectured on the the virtures of globalism (Belfast Telegraph, February, 2018). Since 2012,
    Soros has been labelled an "enemy of the state" in his home country of
    Hungary.

Because he supports progressive and liberal causes through his Open Society Foundation, he gets a pass from most self-proclaimed progressives,
    globalist, and other leftists when it comes to being a hedge-funder, *convicted* insider trader, and stock-shorter.

James Kirchick, a Jewish American conservative reporter, has alleged that
    some progressives view all criticism of Soros as antisemitic and that such claims are often made "entirely in bad faith," when, for example, they
    claim that stating the observable fact that Soros has backed several US DAs
    is an attack on Soros for being Jewish and not for his political views
    (Tablet, August, 2022). We will circle back to this in a minute.

Are you sure that "odd" is the word for it? I call it highly suspicious timi

His funds, in past, have invested in political campaigns, causes, and objectives, but they have also invested in such benign things as a hotel
    chain in Argentina.

It has been reported that the one DA that got recalled in SF was a recepient of his money, and apparently said DA was even underperforming below typical left-leaning standards.
    It's also highly suspicious why we've got an unprecedented number of DAs behaving like this.

In 2004, Soros became involved in investing in US politics. He donated
    over $23 million to tax exempt groups that were aiming to defeat the re-election campaign of George W. Bush. After that unsuccessful
    investment, he began investing in a fundraising group called the Democracy Alliance, which supports progressive causes and the formation of a stronger progressive infrastructure (The Washington Post, October, 2006).

In 2012, he donated $1 million to the super PAC backing the re-election of Obama (New York Times, May, 2013). In 2013, he became the co-chairman of a super PAC national finance committee - Ready for Hillary (Politico,
    November, 2013). In 2015, he donated $1 million to the Super PAC supporting HRC's 2016 presidential campaign. By August, 2016, he had donated an additional $8.5 million (OpenSecrets, October, 2020). For the 2020
    election cycle, he launched a Super PAC, called Democracy PAC, and donated
    $5.1 million to it (Politico, June, 2020).

During 2020, Soros gave at least $500,000 to the Biden campaign, becoming
    one of their largest donors (New York Times, July, 2020).

Since 2016, Soros has been donating unprecidented sums in excess of $1 million to the campaigns of progressive DA candidates, through the Safety and
    Justice PAC (Politico, May, 2020; LA Times, June, 2020). He has donated in excess of $1 million each to campaigns in Philadelphia (Krasner, 2017 --
    Wall Street Journal, June 2020), Los Angeles (Gascon, 2020 -- LA Times, November 2020), and Chicago (Foxx, 2020 -- Chicago Sun-Times, February,
    2020) -- all successful.

What business is Soros in? Maybe he is in radio and wants more stations
    Radio stations are propagation tools. (Add that to the suspicious list!)

They can indeed be used for propaganda. There used to be an old saying
    that, when one country invades another, one of the first things they look
    to take control over is the broadcast airwaves.

* SLMR 2.1a * Do unto others BEFORE they do unto YOU.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Tue Sep 20 02:27:19 2022
    Interesting that he "doesn't have that much power" to influence things, per readers here but, in 1993, The Atlantic (which is not known for
    being a conservative publication) thought otherwise. If true, it
    improves his stock some in my eyes since I think so little of communism, although it also proves that he can influence to the point of causing governments to fall.

I take it back, he's not "pissing away money" on campaigns, he's investing in an even bigger campaign, that being the campaign to dismantle democracy in the USA.

James Kirchick, a Jewish American conservative reporter, has alleged that some progressives view all criticism of Soros as antisemitic and that
    such claims are often made "entirely in bad faith," when, for example,

Somebody claiming antisemitism over this George thing "entirely in bad faith" sounds familiar!

His funds, in past, have invested in political campaigns, causes, and objectives, but they have also invested in such benign things as a hotel chain in Argentina.

Let's all make sure that we don't stay at those hotels. Mr Waternoose probably has hidden cameras under the toilet seats.

In 2004, Soros became involved in investing in US politics. He donated over $23 million to tax exempt groups that were aiming to defeat the re-election campaign of George W. Bush. After that unsuccessful

This story threw me off. I've always assumed that GWB and Soros were buds of some sort.

During 2020, Soros gave at least $500,000 to the Biden campaign, becoming one of their largest donors (New York Times, July, 2020).

This report sounds modest. I thought he donated millions to Obama and to Biden.

They can indeed be used for propaganda. There used to be an old saying that, when one country invades another, one of the first things they look to take control over is the broadcast airwaves.

Thanks for that tragic dose of reality, because those airwaves are completely under leftist control already.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)