• Venezuelan convicts

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Sat Sep 24 10:36:00 2022
    prisonload of hispanic Honduran releasees.

What is your evidence for this breakdown?

That's the latest I got from Fox News.

I think you mean Venezuelan. There is some evidence that the Venezuelan government may have taken a page out of the Fidel Castro playbook and
    allowed convicts to begin the treck north to the US.

Interesting thing... a majority of the persons arriving at the southern
    border (that crossed at legal points or were caught) are no longer coming
    from the areas considered as part of the Triangle, like Honduras, but instead are coming from countries with failed/failing leftist governments like Venezuela and Cuba.

It was not really all that long ago that Venezuela was often listed as an example of a utopian society by American elites. It was long enough ago
    that the post "utopia period" has now been longer than the utopia existed, though.

* SLMR 2.1a * You are now entering a School Free Drug Zone.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Sun Sep 25 00:13:05 2022
    I think you mean Venezuelan. There is some evidence that the Venezuelan government may have taken a page out of the Fidel Castro playbook and allowed convicts to begin the treck north to the US.

Yes, my mistake. They said Venezuela.

from the areas considered as part of the Triangle, like Honduras, but instead are coming from countries with failed/failing leftist
    governments like Venezuela and Cuba.

Some day we will be begging Canada to let us in.

It was not really all that long ago that Venezuela was often listed as an example of a utopian society by American elites. It was long enough ago

Who'd have thought that a few years down the road we'd be making oil deals
    with them and harboring their criminals?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Sun Sep 25 09:22:00 2022
    from the areas considered as part of the Triangle, like Honduras, but instead are coming from countries with failed/failing leftist governments like Venezuela and Cuba.

Some day we will be begging Canada to let us in.

Certain Canadians believe it is our responsibility to leave our borders
    open to just anyone. That is because they know that theirs are not open to just anyone. So, yes, we would be begging and, no, we'd probably not be getting in.

It was not really all that long ago that Venezuela was often listed as an
    example of a utopian society by American elites. It was long enough ago

Who'd have thought that a few years down the road we'd be making oil deals with them and harboring their criminals?

I think we had oil deals with them then. IIRC, Citgo is their national oil company. They were throwing money around in US autosports for a while back then, but I don't see as much of them now. They still have plenty of
    filling stations here, last I noticed.

* SLMR 2.1a * Two silkworms were having a race, but it ended in a tie.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)